All natural and healthy, here is our alternative to milk-alternatives, like soy or rice milk.
- ½ cup Lupin kernels (or seeds)
- 1 Tbs Bi-carb Soda
- 5-6 dates
- ½ vanilla bean
- 1 tsp citrifi
- 5 cups cold water
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-soak the kernels for 20 minutes in water with the bi-carb soda. (If using the seeds, pre-soak overnight.)
- Put the kernels, dates, vanilla bean and Citrifi in the Soy maker, with the water. Use the non-cooking function and start the cycle.
- Transfer into a jug; try to mix in the foam for more flavour. Add the salt and enjoy!
- Use 10-20 coffee beans instead of vanilla bean
- Add sugar to taste and 1tsp vanilla extract, instead of using dates and vanilla beans
- Try 1Tbsp maple syrup, or honey and vanilla extract
- Try 2tsp frozen juice concentrate
- Add some vanilla sugar or cinnamon sugar to taste
- Add a squeeze of chocolate syrup or 1tsp of instant coffee
- Use your imagination and create your own favourite recipe!